IEEE PEAC'2018 presenters are required to meet their session chairman in the session room 15 minutes before the scheduled time in order to download their presentation to the computer. They have to provide the session chairman with a PowerPoint or PDF presentation, as well as a short (10-line maximum) printed bio. Authors must assure that all fonts needed are embedded in their presentation files, which are compatible with Microsoft Office 2013.
To avoid disruption of the session, the author will not be allowed to use their own computer and files will need to be downloaded to the computer from a USB key .
The length of the presentation is restricted to 15 minutes, plus 5 minutes for questions, totalling 20 minutes for each paper.
For Dialogue Sessions– available poster surface area is restricted to 2000mm (height) x 950 mm (width)..
The author of each poster will have 2-3 minutes to orally introduce his/her work. The session chairs will move from one poster to the next consecutively. There are no formal PowerPoint presentations for Dialogue Sessions.
Tips on developing content for your Dialogue Session:
Central message (a summary of your work in 25 words or less)
Supporting information consisting of:
* Introduction (general research objectives, context of your work, clear statement of the hypotheses or predictions)
* Methods, Results and Discussion/Conclusion/Significance (your findings)
* Acknowledgements and Key References
Maintain a consistent style:
* The most effective posters provide minimal text.
* Use clear and simple language. Cut out the jargon as much as possible.
* Do not use more than two font types.
* Use colours sparingly and with taste.
* Titles and headings should appear larger than other text, but not too large. The text should be legible from a distance, say from 1.5m to 2m.
* Do not use all UPPER CASE type in your posters. It can make the material difficult to read.
* Include graphic images, and graphs.
* Equations should be kept to a minium; only present the necessary and important equations.
For examples of scientific posters, please visit the website